Peer-Reviewed Publications directly related to Community Seismic Network:
- Kohler, M. D., R. Guy, J. Bunn, A. Massari, R. Clayton, T. Heaton, K. M. Chandy, H. Ebrahimian, and C. Dorn, Community Seismic Network and localized earthquake situational awareness, 11th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering (11NCEE), Los Angeles, CA, June 25-29, 2018.
- Massari, A., M. Kohler, R. Clayton, R. Guy, T. Heaton, J. Bunn, K. M. Chandy, and D. Demetri, Dense building instrumentation application for city-wide structural health monitoring and resilience, 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (16WCEE), Santiago, Chile, January 9-13, 2017.
- Clayton, R. W., T. Heaton, M. Kohler, M. Chandy, R. Guy, and J. Bunn, Community Seismic Network: a dense array to sense earthquake strong motions, Seis. Res. Lett., 86, 1354-1363, doi: 10.1785/0220150094, 2015.
- Faulkner, M., R. Clayton, T. Heaton, K. M. Chandy, M. Kohler, J. Bunn, R. Guy, A. Liu, M. Olson, M. H. Cheng, A. Krause, Community sense and response systems: your phone as quake detector, Communications of the Association for Computing Machinery (CACM), 57, 66-75, 2014.
- Kohler, M. D., T. H. Heaton, M. H. Cheng, and P. Singh, Structural health monitoring through dense instrumentation by community participants: the Community Seismic Network and Quake-Catcher Network, 10th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering (10NCEE), Anchorage, Alaska, July 21-25, 2014.
- Kohler, M. D., T. H. Heaton, and M. H. Cheng, The Community Seismic Network and Quake-Catcher Network: enabling structural health monitoring through instrumentation by community participants, Proceedings of the SPIE Smart Structures/Non-destructive Evaluation Conference, San Diego, CA, March 10-14, 2013.
- Clayton, R., T. Heaton, M. Chandy, A. Krause, M. Kohler, J. Bunn, R. Guy, M. Olson, M. Faulkner, M. H. Cheng, L. Strand, R. Chandy, D. Obenshain, A. Liu, and M. Aivazis, Community Seismic Network, Annals of Geophysics, 54, 6; doi: 10.4401/ag-5269, 2011.
Caltech PhD Theses Utilizing the CSN
- Liu, Annie Hsin-Wen,(2013), Sensor networks for geospatial event detection - theory and applications., Dissertation (Ph.D.), California Institute of Technology., link
- Faulkner, Matthew Nicholas,(2014), Community Sense and Response Systems.,Dissertation (Ph.D.), California Institute of Technology., link
- Olson, Michael James,(2014), Cloud Computing Services for Seismic Networks., Dissertation (Ph.D.), California Institute of Technology., link
- Cheng, Ming Hei,(2014), New Applications that Come from Extending Seismic Networks into Buildings., Dissertation (Ph.D.), California Institute of Technology., link
Peer-Reviewed Publications indirectly related to CSN (damage detection papers based on FE models of 52-story building):
- Kohler, M. D., A. Allam, A. Massari, and F.-C. Lin, Detection of building damage using Helmholtz tomography, Bull. Seis. Soc. Am., 108 (5A): 2565-2579, https://doi.org/10.1785/0120170322, 2018.
- Massari, A., R. W. Clayton, and M. Kohler, Damage detection by template matching of scattered waves, Bull. Seis. Soc. Am., 108 (5A), 2556-2564, https://doi.org/10.1785/0120170319, 2018.
- Ebrahimian, H., M. D. Kohler, A. Massari, and D. Asimaki, Parametric estimation of dispersive viscoelastic layered media with application to structural health monitoring, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 105, 204-223, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2017.10.017, 2018.
- Ebrahimian, H., M. Kohler, A. Massari, and D. Asimaki, Parametric estimation of wave dispersion for system identification of building structures, Experimental Vibration Analysis for Civil Engineering Structures conference (EVACES2017), San Diego, CA, July 12-14, 2017.
- Ebrahimian, H., M. Kohler, A. Massari, and D. Asimaki, System identification of building structures through seismic waveform inversion, Conference and Exposition on Structural Dynamics (IMAC-XXXV), (extended abstract), Garden Grove, CA, January 30-February 2, 2017.